' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Favorite Quote

Sunday 9 September 2012

Favorite Quote

I am joining the Impression  Obsession's challenge, "Favorite Quote/ Saying". Now, I don't tend to use quotes on my cards, but I thought this one would always allow me to use pink inappropriately

The background stamp is CAC Branches (CC031) and the quote is Rose Colored Glasses (D8256)
I have been playing with dye inks and glossy card with the resist technique, and tried several inks (metallic pigment inks work well as a resist). Here I have used versamark.


I think I overinked the brayer here as the colors are... let's say vivid...   but decided to go with it anyway as I still love the image. I have kept layers to a minimum because I didn't want to hide the Branches image and used a Martha Stewart Corner punch on one side and rounded the corners on the other side of a rectangle piece of white card.
One more thing... the "sun" in the image is actually the flash reflecting from the glossy card, and I thought it looked great... wish I could replicate the effect with inks but...

Thanks for coming by,

10 comments:

  1. You've got me wondering now if there is a way your could achive a sun spot like that :) pretty cool lookng card
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY pretty! Love the way you did the background on here and those colors just pop!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. How very creative, Christine!! I really like the saying and your design really supports it well! Very pretty! Thanks for playing and good luck in the drawing too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote and the way you did the sun-really effective!
    PH

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty and I love the quote! Thanks for joining us at IOstamps!

    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use that background stamp! Love that saying! beautiful and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great way to use that background stamp and love the colours and the quote :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colors on this card are so pretty, and I love how you paired the quote with it. Great card. Thanks for sharing.

    Katie B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't forget to email me your last name so I can send the Gift Certificate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your win ! Have fun shopping :)

    ReplyDelete