' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Inspired By Carol Quance

Saturday 22 June 2013

Inspired By Carol Quance




This week Carol made a lovely tag book and a canvas for the Paper Artsy blog, I was tempted by the book but I couldn't complete it in the time, so I made an embossed tag (see Carol's here) as I thought the effect was fantastic.

After painting my tag in 3 colours of Fresco paint, the background was very bright and not subtle as per Carol's tag but I decided to leave it as I thought it appealing in an abstract way.

I embossed the tag with a small TH embossing folder and a Cuttlebug folder, then set about highlighting the embossing. In the search for an alternative to Treasure Gold I tried mica powders and then applying gold foil. The background was toned down in the process.


To emboss around the tag I used Frantage Aged Rose, the shine is gorgeous as you can see :

I chose to stamp my image, from Hot Pick 1207, on mulberry paper to use old scraps and because I thought it would be more sturdy than ordinary tissue paper when gluing it down (it was).

And as serendipity would have it, the colours through the stamped image and the strands of the mulberry make me think of  a night sky illuminated by fireworks reflecting in water, and I love it !

The photo doesn't give that impression as much but I had to use the flash due to the very dull weather and the fibers of the paper look paler than in real life as they reflect the flash light.

Let me know what you think,


9 comments:

  1. It looks very effective and interesting. I love the embossing, which really gives it dimension and a great texture. Julie Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The over all effect is wonderful :) super tag
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so gorgeous and original!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is lovely. I like all the embossing & the colours are great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely tag. your Aged Rose embossing powder is beautiful. I haven't used mulberry paper for years - it's frayed edge is very effective. time for a revival!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great colours and embossing around the edge is lovely ! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful colours, embossing and use of the mulberry paper.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow so loving your tag, gorgeous embossing, beautifully frantaged (I love that stuff lol). I love the vibrant colours you used :-) Kezzy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. J'adore ton tag, il est magnifique !!! Et je croyais pourtant t'avoir mis déjà un commentaire dessus... J'aimerais bien essayé cette technique, il faut que je trouve le temps ! Bonne soirée, bisous. coco

    ReplyDelete