' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Nearly one layer card!

Wednesday 7 August 2013

Nearly one layer card!

If I intend to mail a card, particularly if it's international mail, weight and thickness are important. But more than for this practical reason, I love one layer cards because it is all about the stamping...

Last week, I pulled out some travel inspired stamps and made a journal page in bright colours. I enjoyed myself so much I decided to create a card, but this time with a vintage, low key colour scheme (you might find this too drab...)


I have used 10 stamps for the imagery (+ 1 for the butterfly stamped on vellum) from varied brands and some that were made for me. For the background texture, I used the Impression Obsession Cover-a-card Grunge, which I inked with Antique Linen Distress ink, adding Walnut Stain along the borders. It provides effortless ageing!

Since I had some mail-related tissue tape I stuck a small piece cut into a flag shape to finish the card.

I am entering this card in the SSS Monday ChallengeThe Artistic Stamper, Lisa.B.Designs, and Stamping Sensations challenges.

Thanks for coming by,

10 comments:

  1. Not to drab at all :) lovely stamping
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the aged effect and the vellum butterfly which look like it is about to fly off, a fabulous card.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it & it's not drab at all. Thanks for joining the Lisa B Designs challenge this month. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage vibe! What a great showcase of all those postage images! Love it! Thanks for joining along with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How lovely! I really like that your focus is on the stamping. So pretty! And that vellum butterfly is stunning! Thank you for participating in the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge blog! ~ Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous creation! Very vintage! Thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations for our Wings and Things and a Touch of Vintage theme. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ta carte est superbe je trouve, je te souhaite bonne chance pour les challenges !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous vintage look, and the vellum butterfly is the perfect finishing touch! Thank you for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations this month.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  9. you are right. it does look wonderfully aged like an old iece of canvas or something. thanks for sharing this great travel themed card with the "artistic Stamper" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card. Not drab at all, in fact my favourite colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete