' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Journal Page Letter G

Wednesday 25 September 2013

Journal Page Letter G

Not sure what came first the chicken (stamp) or the word... but I definitely wanted to use the Impression Obsession Rooster background stamp so I selected Gallinacean as my word for the Craft Barn Dictionary challenge.

As my last 2 pages were done with wet medium on watercolour paper, this time I chose a smooth paper with dry media for a change.


Coloured pencil is not a fast medium and I only did the rooster (from own photograph) and a few parts of the stamped image, but as I needed more colour all around, I had a brain wave and used that old technique of texture rubbing, using embossing folders (Tim Holtz bark and bricks folders), and home made "plate" (washers stuck to cardboard in this case).

I really enjoyed that bit: it's easy, fast and as a bonus it sharpens the pencils as you whittle down the lead from the side of the pencil.

Finally I used a Chiken wire stencil (at last an appropriate context for this design !) still with pencils and a feather stamp to complete the page.

Hope you will like my page,

6 comments:

  1. Just had to google your word :) lots to look at, sounds like you enjoyed making your page :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I found colouring pencils a bit more challenging than I had at first imagined but your rooster looks very handsome and vibrant. Love your background and what a good idea to do rubbings from embossing folders - strangely I would never have thought of that. Great page - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful, your rooster is a very handsome chap! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catching up with the alpha challenge entries after my holiday. Wonderful page, great texture rubbing and fabulous rooster such bright colours.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Je ne suis pas sure d'avoir tout compris, mais en tout cas c'est bien joli ! J'adore ton coq et ta poule, et le sujet aussi, j'aime beaucoup ! ;) Bises

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is brilliant, love it
    Thanks for playing with us at the Craft Barn
    Izzy

    ReplyDelete