' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Rich reds and gold

Monday 23 September 2013

Rich reds and gold

I have been meaning to use more foil since I have finally acquired a glue actually designed for the purpose, and I wanted to use my very well liked but not often used Damask Letterpress (Lifestyle Crafts), so I used that as prompts for this card.

For my background, I letter-pressed with embossing ink and applied gold embossing powder.
The image is from a Joanna Sheen stamp and I stamped it with black Brilliance ink.

For embellishments, I die-cut a Memory Box corner and a Cuttlebug corner, applied glue and then foil (this is foil on a plastic sheet not proper foil). At which point I realised how garish the gold of the foil was against the more natural gold of the embossing powder.... I die-cut another corner, coloured it with markers in red so I could create a "shadow" for my first die-cut, isolating it slightly from the background. OK still not very good...

2 pieces of ribbon, one on top the other finish the card. I decided againt adding anything else because, as regular readers will know, I hate covering my backgrounds, never mind that the design would be better for it!

I am entering this card in the WOW! Embossing Powder challenge - Decadence and the Crafts-Too challenge - Texture with twist, since my embossed panel is textured and there is lots of shiny accents all around on this card!

Let me know how I can improve this card as I do know it's not quite right but can't come up with ideas on how to fix it!

2 comments:

  1. Hi, I love the background and I actually think the flourish is great. Maybe a gold/red mat for the image?? The white gives a bit of a stark contrast to the other colours. I'm having real trouble with "decadence". Was thinking red and gold so when I saw your entry I thought I'd check it out. Really love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a striking card it shouts opulence in an another time. Beautiful.

    Thank you for sharing with us at C2CU.

    Crafty hugs from Shirl x x

    ReplyDelete