' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Calendar Challenge February

Thursday 12 February 2015

Calendar Challenge February

For this second page of the Craft Barn calendar challenge, our given colour is Red and we must include Hearts.

February is an odd month, the glow of the end of year festivities has passed, the cold and wet weather is firmly installed and there is little to celebrate. I decided to focus my page on Valentine's day, as most "significant" occasion of the month.

Don't go thinking I don't own any heart stamps, I do. Several in fact, and in a bind I could even die-cut some!
It's just that I had a vision and I couldn't rest until I tried it.



I drew a heart shape on scrap paper and cut it out with a craft knife. Then, using both the innies and outies heart shapes as masks, I stamped in red ink the edges of the big splat from the Messy Art stamp plate (The Artistic Stamper). Here and there I stamped the small spots from the small splats stamp of the same set.
The execution could have been better but the result is fairly close to what I had in mind.

I added the word Valentine in the postal stamp frame (Craft Stamper freebie) and the arrow from another heart stamp, also a Craft Stamper Freebie, extending the line to fit my heart.
As for my January page, the calendar itself is attached by a brad and rotates to open and close.

I am also entering the Artistic Stamper challenge.

Thanks for coming by,

18 comments:

  1. Love how you've done the heart on this one. Very classy looking it is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your vision has turned out rather brilliant, loving the stamp plate it is one of my favourite Artistic Stamper Plates and you have made an amazing heart and arrow. A fantastic calendar page! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is super pretty and I love the geometric shapes you used too. A most excellent page :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great work as always Christine, have a good weekend.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Clever idea to stamp around the heart image.it made a beautiful header for February

    Love Chrissie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous way to create the heart; pretty page for a dull February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ton coeur est superbe, avec juste ce qu'il faut pour le mettre en valeur bravo c'est joli!! :) Bon week-end bisous

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona, went to check your Queen of Hearts and thought you finished her so well with crown jewels and pearl necklace!

      Delete
  9. I like your splatt heart. Great idea. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the design. It's very powerful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great way to design a heart and love your calendar design too Have a lovely sunday x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely. Love that heart design, x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab page, I love the way you made your heart! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! what a clever idea! Love it! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge this month x

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful project!! Thank you for joining in the Challenge!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a wonderful page, great idea. Sorry for being late in commenting on this.

    ReplyDelete