' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: A simple pear

Monday 16 March 2015

A simple pear

Another make on the theme of spring, or rather the colours of spring as my chosen stamp is decidedly unseasonal, at least in the northern hemisphere!

For March the Rubber Dance challenge us to use the following colour scheme:



I stamped the Pear first and masked it before sprinkling Brushos in yellow, orange and moss green. Granted the Moss green is on the brownish side, it dissolves in flashes of green, brown and purple grains as you can see in the lower right corner.
Things went awry when I added water to the card and the background was nearly a write off. The card I used didn't like the water one bit...  my fault really, I should have used watercolour paper. I carried on because I wanted to make sure my design worked but in the end I liked the effect so I went with it.
After drying I stamped the Diamonds background, the leaf, the Art definition inked with pens and the quote inked with Versafine Onyx black.

I coloured the pear with Coloursoft pencils.

I did think of adding twine, buttons etc... but I couldn't bear to hide any of it! Hey ho Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication, someone said...


Also entering Craft Stamper and Country View Crafts Anything goes challenges.

14 comments:

  1. The background really makes your pear stand out Christine. The colouring in of the pear is amazing it looks good enough to eat. Thanks for the link to the stamps.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous background against the pear, just proves how very versatile Brushos are.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooops, clicked before I finished Christine, wanted to add how much I likes the colours.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colour combination, love how the Brushos create all that wonderful mix of warmth (well you do by adding the water and being in charge lol) and the perfect place to showcase your pear. Brilliant Tag :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. C'est absolument superbe, et ta poire est juste magnifique!!! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous tag .... I love the colours in the background and that pear looks good enough to eat! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper TIMI Challenge ... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the welcome back, C., and I am so glad to be hopping again so I can see your works of art! This tag is spectacular and the colors are so vibrant, yet warm too! I really love how you did your background, lady!!! Hugs,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pear looks perfect - love this tag, it's just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Rubber Dance :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a fabulous tag, love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tag and the pear really stands out over the background. Can't wait to get my Brushos that I ordered last week. Looks really fun! Thank you so much for entering our March challenge and for using so many of my stamps, too! Thanks for linking them to my webshop as well :)
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply pear-fect Christine! Love that diamond background! Thank you for playing along with us over at Rubber Dance x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW WOW WOW! It's amazing! Thanks for joining us over at Rubber Dance Art Stamps this month!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow! This is awesome! Thanks for playing along with Rubber Dance!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A beautiful tag!! Thanks for joining our challenge at Rubber Dance Stamps ♥

    ReplyDelete