' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Beach layout

Monday 15 June 2015

Beach layout

As our thoughts turn to the summer holidays, the Rubber Dance challenge us to use the colours of Sand and Sea.

I still have photos to scrapbook from previous holidays so it was time to tackle them. For my base I created a mono print using texturing tools and a Tim Holtz stencil.


I decided to add some texture paste, stamping into it a with a Netting stamp (Rubber Dance) and also using a stencil (bottom left, The Crafter's Workshop). The last area was going to be stamped with a fence stamp but the result was so awful I had to sand it down and stamped a seashell instead.


The photo is matted on a 6x6 paper (Crafty Individuals - The Seaside) and I added some stamping on the mat and around using images from Rubber Dance: Souvenira plantDiamonds background and Netting.

I die-cut the letters for my title, arranging them Scrabble style.

I don't know about you but I can't wait to go to the beach!

Also entering the We Love 2 Create,  Tando Creative and Craft Stamper challenges.

7 comments:

  1. Great page with a terrific photograph as the centre piece

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning layout page Christine. Love the scrabble style letters such a great feature.

    Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
    ShirlsCards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! I absolutely LOVE the layout and how you have used our June challenge colours. Hopefully it will be summer soon so we can go to the beach .... Thank you so much for entering our challenge and for using some of my stamps as well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely layout, the colours are very striking and I love the background, which sets of your picture beautifully. Thanks so much for joining in with the We Love to Create Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous layout and great use of texture too. Thanks for joining in with the Craft Stamper Challenge ..... good luck! Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, ta page est absolument superbe bravo Christine!! Ton fond est très chouette... ça me donne bien envie de plage moi aussi... :) Tu es bientôt en vacances?... Bon week-end, bisous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely work!!!! Thank you for linking up with Tando x

    ReplyDelete