' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Post It Notes take 3

Tuesday 2 August 2016

Post It Notes take 3

Paper Artsy's blog theme for the fortnight is Colour Mixing. I know LOTS about colour mixing, especially in my medium of choice, watercolour. Well the theory anyway since I've read lots of  books, I wish all this knowledge translated into works of art, but, sadly no...

On the plus side, I know how to make do with a limited colour palette in acrylics, gelatos, Brushos etc... and even Distress Inks. If you want to use Distress inks with Cut & Dry then you will need  a pale and strong colour of each "primary" colour of Distress to obtain enough tones. For example for reds I have Fired Brick and  Spun sugar.

Anyway, I was very taken by Ellie Knol Gelli prints CAS cards and decided to have a go with my faux Gelli plate.



I used Claret and Nougat Frescos with Violet Storms and Golden Sands Infusions for this print and stamped the castle from Hot Picks 1207.

Other prints I took:
On the left I used Yellow Submarine, Nougat and Limelight with the Infusions.

On the right It's just the Infusions with water only.

I used the print as decoration for the front of a Post-It holder. This is now my 3rd one and I'm hoping this one, made out of plastic, will be more durable than the the previous one. It has a magnet at the back and will live on the fridge door.

And a side view of the holder :





Thanks for coming by,
Also entering the Love to Create challenge

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Don't you just love Infusions? What a fabulous project! I so love your stamping here. Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Smashing project, love the use of fresco and infusions. Enjoyed looking at the other prints you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really lovely - great print you got and that hot picks stamps looks perfect layered over it. Claire x

    ReplyDelete