' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Vintage Scrapbook page, texture and bright colours

Monday 15 April 2013

Vintage Scrapbook page, texture and bright colours

So far in my vintage album, I have used subdued colours using an old patterned paper pack that cries "vintage". This time I wanted to use a paper from a card kit I got last year as a gift. With the paper also came a number of chipboard pieces, which is not something I use very often so I thought I would try to use as many as possible.
First I had to address the problem of fitting an A4 paper on a 12x12 layout...
To create a seamless page I applied texture paste around the glued patterned paper and stamped into it with various stamps. I then sprayed the paste with colours to match.

I love the look even though the process warped my 12x12 base quite a bit !


To finish I created butterflies with a layer of stamped paper and a layer of patterned vellum die-cut with an Impression Obsession die, a scrap of ribbon and a title made of 2 kinds of letter stickers which I coloured to match the page and each other. I also stamped the chandelier that came with the kit using black ink. The kit also contains lace,ribbon and gems but I didn't want to cover anymore of that delicious texture so I let it be.
I am planning to do a matching page with the second paper using the same technique and the journalling will be on that page.

I am entering this layout in the Artistic Stamper challenge which is all about texture and the Country View Crafts' challenge which request butterflies.

Hope you'll enjoy that one as much as I did making it. Stay tuned for page 2...

4 comments:

  1. It's a wonderful page ful for happy colours and texture :)
    Von ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colours and textures, a fabulous page.

    Sylv xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elle est magnifique ta page, j'aime vraiment beaucoup les couleurs et le soin que tu mis à faire tes embellissements. Quand à tes photos, elles sont vraiment très belles aussi, elles méritaient bien cette belle page si douce ! Bises

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this LO LOTS! Thank you for joining in with the Country View Crafts Butterfly challenge! Gx

    ReplyDelete