' ' ' 'Crafty Endeavours: Quickie Valentine

Sunday 5 February 2017

Quickie Valentine

Welcome back to the second inspiration post for the Under 30mns challenge at Country View Challenges.

Let me first say I had trouble with that one... so much so I had to abandon my first project as I couldn't find a way to finish it in the alloted time. In theory it looked quick, but in practice... However I still wanted to come up with a card involving die-cuts, and, since Valentine's Day is round the corner this is what I made:



Dies:
Memory Box : Tessatina border
Sizzix/Tim Holtz: Celebration words Handwritten
Die'sire: Valentine

Stamps:
Sewn heart: From Creativity Magazine Jan/Feb 2014
Canvas texture: Impression Obsession Create-A-Card

Other:
Versacraft in Cherry Pink
Distress ink in Spun sugar
Frosted Crystal EP by Ranger.

I stamped the Sewn heart first with the Versacraft ink and overstamped the canvas texture with Distress ink, embossing with the Crystal powder which has a matt finish.

For time saving purposes, I did all the die-cutting in one go adding a piece of Wax paper to my sandwich to help the cardstock glide out of the dies.

Also for speed reasons I spent as little time as possible applying glue on the die-cuts which means that some bits can be lifted but, since I don't expect the recipient to pull on the sentiment, it should be fine!

Apologies for the lacklustre photo, which is actually a scan, but the sun just wouldn't play nice and I was running out of time! In real life the pink is brighter more fuschia than on the scanned image.

I am really curious as to what you will be making under 30mns for our Country View challenge, and if you find it easy or tough!

Thanks for coming by,
I am entering the Memory Box, Stamplorations CAS and The Artistic Stamper  challenges.

11 comments:

  1. So neat and crisp looking with great stamping

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the sewn heart stamp. Love the card. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this Christine, loving the canvas texture. I've not given Valentines a thought yet, I suppose I ought to lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Elle est mignonne cette carte même si ce n'est pas mon style préféré l'utilisation de die-cuts.. Mais comme toujours chez toi, il y a de la recherche, et on marche !
    Par contre je pense qu'elle est plus belle en vrai, le scan ne rend pas les détails que tu indiques ! Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I love your canvas textured heart! It looks like a real fabric! Great quick card, Christine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A sweet Valentine! I like that border die. Thanks for playing along in the STAMPlorations CAS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful quick card, Christine! Love your heart stamps together!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great quick card - love the layout and dies you chose Have a lovely evening xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love your design as it looks like sewing to me! Wonderful take on the CAS pink challenge! Thanks for joining us at the STAMPlorations CAS challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful. I really like how the pink pops on the card. Thank you so much for participating in the Memory Box February challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the textured look to this .... great design. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge xx

    ReplyDelete